00:00 / 00:00

00:01/

Discussions

Errors and Bugs

1077 · 0

VIKTORMUSIK

Alo LoudUp Team,

So I have been on your site looking around and trying to network with some of your users and noticed some bugs and things I would like to suggest you consider working on.

1) First, there is a character limit in the text field here. (I will continue in another reply.)

8 YEARS AGO by VIKTORMUSIK (Artist) · POSTS: 35

VIKTORMUSIK

I think you should double the amount of text you can add and put a character limit notice on the text box so that people know how much text is left, like on twitter and similar sites.

2) The play feature on the pages is a little crude feeling.

VIKTORMUSIK

When I am going down a list of songs and playing them sometimes the song above continues to show that it is playing, or overlaps or does not play. I am using Google Chrome Version 42.0.2311.152 (64-bit) and am on a MacBook Pro running Mac OS X Version 10.6.8.

VIKTORMUSIK

It would be nice also, if we could see a visual bar that showed us where in the song we were and offered a way to rewind or forward the song, like on SoundCloud or on a YouTube video. It would be much more friendly to people who are into musik.

VIKTORMUSIK

3) The "Like" button or dB button does not always work when you click on it. Sometimes it will not work and when I refresh the page the "like" did not save, other times it shows up. I noticed that I have more issues with the button when I click in the grey area.

VIKTORMUSIK

4) Social links are not built in. Sites like SoundCloud offer me as an artist a way to show all of my links to other sites. It would be nice if there was a way to include links on my page to other communities that I am a part of too.

VIKTORMUSIK

5) No news on the https://www.loudup.com/Discover page since April. I am sure that it is hard to find the time to get people to write articles and interview new people all the time.

VIKTORMUSIK

Maybe you should consider mixing it up here and having an article or an interview with a staff picked artist from the site? It could be a good way to get more community involvement. Maybe even call it Sound of the Week/Month and make it like Model Mayhems Photo of the Day.

VIKTORMUSIK

I will post more ideas and thoughts as I continue to use your site. I hope these are helpful to you. Thank you, Viktor

LoudUp Support

Hi Viktor, firstly thanks so much for your feedback! The site only launched a few months ago so we're very keen to improve it and make it a great place for both indie artists and fans! We'll increase the characters for the messages here and also show the characters left, that's a great idea!

8 YEARS AGO by LoudUp Support (Writer) · POSTS: 6

LoudUp Support

We'll also do some more testing on the play and like features. When you play a song, you'll see a speaker button in the header. Click on that to see the progress of the song, rewind, forward, etc. You can also click on the SoundCloud logo to open the track in SoundCloud.

LoudUp Support

You can link to your Facebook and Twitter pages, just go to Manage Profile and enter your Facebook and Twitter usernames. This will add a Facebook like and Twitter follow button to your profile page.

LoudUp Support

We'll get more regular with the interviews soon (hopefully!), we've been focusing more on the Blog content recently. Thanks again for the feedback, will let you know when some of the issues you raised have been fixed. I think we can get some of them done in the next few days! :)

VIKTORMUSIK

Thank you :) Also, do you plan to create an App? I looked in the AppStore but did not see one. It would be nice to stay connected on the go. I am looking forward to see how the community grows and site changes.

LoudUp Support

Hi Viktor, Just to let you know the changes you suggested - increasing the length of posts and showing the number of characters left as well as the issues with clicking the grey area of the dB button have all been fixed now.

We don't currently have an app but we hope to create one soon!

Please let us know if you have any other feedback!

Thanks again! :)

Post a reply

Sorry, you need to sign up or log in before you can join the discussion